Friday, December 28, 2012

One Chance and a Million

Every moment, every day, is a gift.

As human beings on this big, strange floating orb called Earth, its easy to think we are limited in our ability to create and be great. Its easy to think there is only so much greatness to go around, and that the only ones to realize their greatness are lucky. They were in the right place at the right time. Sometimes this is true, but not as often as we think.

We as Humans on this planet have unlimited possibilities. As a realist, I am constantly aware of my limitations. What I've realized, is that we are so gifted with new chances everyday. New opportunities to create and to love. The only thing standing between me and my dreams is my hard work.

Nothing ever came easy. We live in a time where so many simple desires are at the touch of a button. We can have a satisfying meal, simply by opening a can and turning a dial. The human race has never known luxury like this. Yet it is so easy to turn on MTV Cribs and see more things that we desire. And we become trapped in this desire, focusing on the end result and not on what it takes to get there.

So many times I've desired true freedom. Freedom to create the music I want, write the books I like, freedom to create and live in beauty. I can see now, I will never be any more free than I am right now. I have every opportunity to create what I want. Through focus and determination I have the ability to be anything and do anything I want.

When I am confident in my work, I sometimes consider myself a musician. I sometimes consider myself a writer. I sometimes consider myself a mason. I am none of these things. I am a human being. These things are things that I do, not who I am. In order to do things well, no matter what I do, I must do them in service to mankind and God.

We have a choice. This is our gift. There are many other beings who have no choice. A lion, in all its greatness, must be a lion. It eats and it sleeps. It knows no other way. It may being the king of the beasts, but it cannot play a piano, or smoke a cigarette, even if it wanted to. There are many other beings who have no choice, God must be God. We as humans are not limited to be anything. We have the free will to create and be great. It is not our responsibility, it is not a burden, it is a gift. A gift that can only be realized through our focus, hard work and determination. A gift that can be lost through insecurity, doubt, laziness and arrogance.

Things will not happen for you. You must make things happen. We all have desires, and within that we have the ability to realize these desires. Value is a representation of hard work, not luck, and if we desire value in ourselves then all we must do is see it first. If we cannot see our potential and inherent value then no one will. My faith leads me to believe that I am here for a reason, my mind and my hands prove this belief. All we must do is prove to ourselves what we already know. The only way to do that is to see our value constantly and work to achieve it. A value realized, is only a representation of time and energy.

I already know all of these things. I have known them my whole life without even really trying. I'm sitting here rehashing ideas I had 5 years ago and I feel foolish. I can know these ideas to be true but I cannot realize them until I get off the MySpace and start working towards my dreams. Today is a new dream and through the gift of my humanity and the gift of grace I move forward. Its either that or sit here rehashing these ideas until I'm dead. I fear and dread wasting my chance. I dont know if there will be another one. I have every opportunity, right now, maybe not tomorrow, but right now. So here I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment