Friday, December 28, 2012

That is what I believe

Sam Cooke,  Ray Charles and James Brown are considered the beginnings of SOUL MUSIC

Fela Kuti coined the term and developed the sound of AFROBEAT

REGGAE is a genre developed in Jamaica that is regularly associated with Rastafari practices

GOSPEL MUSIC can be broken into two sub catgories

    BLACK GOSPEL is derived from BLUES, SLAVE SPIRITUALS,      AND HYMNS

    WHITE GOSPEL is derived from shape note SINGING, and HYMNS

Any music played with a connection to one's spirit, can be GOSPEL
That is what I believe

I believe in the GOSPEL of SOUL MUSIC. I believe in the pure righteousness of sound. I've realized everything is better with a real connection to art and love. I'VE LEARNED THAT ITS ALL RELATIVE. I know now that what I am capable of in my art, I am capable of in ALL THINGS. The complexities of my life are simple when you break the beat from the melody, take the harmonies apart and realize that life isn't you or what you do it is the power of your love, the power of your soul, the power of your heart, the power of your mind.And your abilities to lend strength, promote peace, hold love, give love. I have wings to fly but I must remain ROCK SOLID through my flight. I have love to give and must do so FREELY. The sum of the whole is only as great as the least of its parts. I must take my weaknesses and upon them build strength. I must be patient in my efforts, for while life is fleeting, it goes on. I must be like a child. I must be like the one hundred year old man. I must be like you. I must be like me. There are lessons everywhere in life, the answers and TRUTH are apparent to those who SEE. SEEK. TRUTH.

Hold on. Try harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment